Sunday, April 10, 2011

Baby Steps


That last post was written when I was feeling discouraged, so I'd like to rave about all of the wonderful things going on right now.


Joshua and I both received our Temple Recommends today! I am so excited! This means that (depending upon which schedule we choose) I will be endowed either by next Saturday or the 23rd. I'm a little nervous about going through the temple for the first time, but I am sure that this is just the beginning of something so hugely amazing that I can't even comprehend it. I am so grateful for the atonement and all of the amazing things it enables me to do. How awesome is it that I will not always be stuck with my mistakes?? I mean, I've made some really bad choices in the past, and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity during this life to repent and choose to do something else with myself. Gah! I love it!

On another note, I got to help my big sister (who is actually smaller than me right now!) go wedding dress shopping yesterday, and it was so nice to just have girl time. We spent Friday evening at our cousin's wedding reception, and it was great to see some of our mom's family. Then we got some tasty Mexican food and watched TV, talked, and played with the baby until 3:00 AM. It was disappointing that her baby, Charlie, doesn't really like me, but at least her other two do! On Saturday we looked at David's Bridal dresses and mosied on over to the Women's Expo. We had so much fun! Trudi has turned into such an amazing woman, and I am so proud of her for who she has become. She is a great mom to her three little ones, and I can't wait for her to marry Jeff and live happily ever after, because that's exactly what she deserves.

It's been an excellent weekend, full of love, hope, and the promise of tomorrow. I am so grateful for my family! Even if they don't know it, I think they're the best. I am so grateful for all of the support and love I receive every day. I am a lucky girl!

No comments: