Friday, May 10, 2013

A Moment from My Thursday

Josh and I finally had the opportunity to meet our newest niece (Emersyn Fern) on Thursday. She may have been born three weeks early, but at only four days old, she is calm, happy, and perfect, and that's good because new mama needs to work on getting her blood pressure down.

We had a great chance to visit with Josh's sister and her husband and take a little peek at the life we're ready for. Only twelve more days until our own doctor's appointment to (hopefully) figure out what's up with our reproductive health. I'm so nervous but so excited to be one step closer to making my dream of being a mom a reality.

We took a bunch of pictures with Josh making silly faces, but this one was my favorite. Their hands are shaped the same. They have the same dimples on their knuckles. It was so neat to watch Josh fall in love with this little person instantly. I hate the idea that I may never have any babies of my own, but just in case, this little girl may be the closest thing Josh ever has to his own baby.

 

This moment is love. This moment is pure. This moment is full of happiness and perseverance and a little bit of heartbreak. This moment is life.


No comments: