Monday, June 16, 2014

IVF Funding

Hi friends. I feel like a jerk for asking, but we need help. Our second IUI did not work, and we are fairly confident we'll be needing IVF in order to build our family biologically. I was initially opposed to IVF because I thought it was just an excuse to feed my own narcissistic need to have babies who look like me, but at our last doctor's appointment, it was explained to us that we'll have a 60% chance of conceiving if we use IVF. And I'm not going to lie to you--I really want to get pregnant. I want to be a part of the biological mom club. I want to know what it feels like to give life. And I totally do want a baby with my eyes and Josh's nose. I want to see our DNA combined into a little love munchkin. I want it so badly. If it doesn't work, that's okay. We can look at our other options then. But imagine if it does work? All of these years of crying and praying and waiting will suddenly seem totally worth it.

The problem is that IVF is pricey. Like $13,000.00 a month pricey. Which is more than Josh and I make combined in three months, to put it into perspective. And we've already got bills because we are adults. And while selling one of my extra kidneys on the black market is tempting (as is becoming a drug dealer or prostitute or begging in the streets), I think I'm just going to throw this out there: we need financial help. We will not be able to afford to have an IVF procedure done for years if we try to save up on our own (which we are also planning on doing). So I set up a gofundme page in hopes that one person will put in $5 and maybe another person will add $5 until we have enough money to make at least one IVF happen. And if IVF doesn't work for us? At least we'll have closure. At least we'll know. Because right now it really stinks knowing that there's technology with much better odds of getting us pregnant that we are missing out on because we happen to be a part of a lower tax bracket.

Remember us? We're just fun-loving folks looking to add on to our family.
Anyway, hi. We need a little help. I won't bug you about it in every post. I won't beg you for it when I see you in the streets. But I'm letting the universe know that we are open to accept financial help at this time. The link to our page is here. Thank you for reading, and thank you for sharing our story.

XOXO,
B

No comments: