Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Course of Action

Hi loves! Have I mentioned lately how much your support means to me? Because it means a whole lot! I am so glad I decided to share our infertility journey on this blog. Every time I post, I receive so much wonderful support, and it feels great to know that we have so many people behind us.

Silently struggling with infertility may be one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. The blatant judgement I received from people who thought they knew what was going on was really difficult. So many "friends" and family members assumed that we just didn't like children or that we didn't want them, and they often said hurtful things when trying to convince us that we should have a family. (Not sure how saying insensitive things would make me change my mind if I didn't like children, but whatever.) I'm sure some of this was my own fault, since I should have just boldly admitted our struggle, but I didn't want anyone to know. I didn't want to have to share this pain, because pregnancy and babies should always be a good thing, and the topic of infertility is really awkward to bring up at family parties. I don't understand the suffering that goes with infertility or why this is my struggle, but it is. And I'm glad I decided to share it with you.

My endocrinologist wrote me back today and said that we have two options: progesterone treatment after ovulation or Clomid. (Sounds familiar, huh?) He said that he thinks that Clomid may be the right direction for us at this time. Say what?! I don't know exactly why, but Clomid totally freaks me out. Maybe it's the feeling that maybe this will finally happen, maybe it's the worry about multiples, or maybe it's the fear of success, but I am a little scared of Clomid! We're going to set up an appointment tomorrow to make a game plan, and I'm excited/nervous/freaked out about the whole thing, but I am so eager to find closure and get closer to starting my family.

It really wasn't that long ago that I was making our first appointment in hopes of figuring out our infertility woes. It was such a short time ago that I was still hoping we'd be able to conquer this silent beast on our own. But humbled and brave, I am ready to take our next step and figure out what's next. I just really hope this works.

No comments: