Monday, June 10, 2013

New Blog Series: Hawaii

I have a confession to make: I freaking miss Hawaii every day, sometimes badly enough that I just want to run away and stay there forever. Seriously. I had some amazing, once in a lifetime experiences there. I need to go back. My plan with Josh was for him to work at the police department where we currently live for a few years and then move to Hawaii for a few years so that I'd finally be able to live out my dream of being in Hawaii for more than just a few months. But alas, sometimes you have to put your dreams aside and never move back to Hawaii... Sometimes my life breaks my heart a little bit. But that happens when you're married at 20 and playing the waiting game for a positive pregnancy test since turning 22. Waiting does things to people--changes them. Some days I feel like it hasn't done me any favors, but I know that's not true. It's really all about Josh's retirement plan options, and the fact that one of his plans won't transfer to different states. I don't really know how to work around it.

It kind of bums me out that I didn't really blog while I was there. I was having so many great experiences and really living, and it would have been really cool to share it. Of course, I didn't have a computer while I was in Hawaii (the last time), and before then blogging wasn't really a big thing, but it still makes me sad. So I've decided to write a series of blog posts about my favorite places and things in Hawaii. I'll talk about everything from favorite beaches to favorite tourist spots to TheBus, and everything in between. I'll key you in on information that was shared with me and all of my favorite things. This will primarily be about Oahu, since that's the island I've spent the most time on, but we can talk about Maui a little too. I'm really excited to start this series, so stay tuned for my future posts!

No comments: